1. Buy an early-response kit to test on or before the first day of your missed period. The First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test is highly rated in consumer trials and gives an accurate result three days before your period is due. However, no test will pick up all pregnancies that early.
You can expect a more reliable result a few days or even a week later, when the rapidly increasing hormone level is easier to detect.
2. Read the instructions. Some tests have you pass the stick through the urine stream, while with others you collect urine in a cup, then dip the stick. Many kits allow both and take five minutes or less–but they’re the longest minutes of your life!
How to Know if You are Pregnant
1. If you missed your monthly period, you may be pregnant. Although some women continue to menstruate throughout their entire pregnancy, most women cease to menstruate.
2. Your breasts are swollen and/or sensitive. as your body prepares for delivery your breasts begin to change almost immediately after conception.
4. As the baby grows and your body prepares for the baby, your bladder will be feeling pressure. You may feel the urge to urinate frequently.5. If you feel nauseous, you may be pregnant. While not all women experience this symptom, most do early on in the pregnancy.
6. If a home pregnancy test confirms that you are pregnant, call your doctor immediately. You can purchase these at online drug stores with your credit card or at your local pharmacy.